The Combined Shareholders’ Meeting of Air Liquide, chaired by Benoît Potier, Chairman and CEO, in the presence of the members of the Board of Directors, was attended by 3,903 people on Tuesday, May 7, 2019, at the Palais des Congrès in Paris. The shareholders, who represented 53.01% of the voting rights, i.e. 118,984 shareholders present or represented, approved all of the resolutions that were submitted.
The theme of this year's General Assembly was "Inventors of the Future". With a focus on innovation, Benoît Potier, alongside the Board Directors, presented the Group's strategic progress and outlook. More than an hour of discussion followed with the audience.
The proposed dividend, with an ex-date of May 20 and a payment date of May 22, 2019, was approved: it will be 2.65 euros per share (and 2.91 euros per share eligible for the loyalty bonus). A free share attribution, equal to one free share for every 10 held, will take place on October 9, 2019.
The Shareholders renewed, for a period of four years, the terms of office of Ms. Siân Herbert-Jones and Ms. Geneviève Berger. The Board of Directors is now composed of 12 members, including 5 women, and 6 members who are not French. The current composition of the Board offers a complementary mix of experience, nationalities and cultures, and reflects the diversity policy conducted by the Group.
In addition, the Shareholders voted in favor of the resolution concerning the remuneration of the Chairman and CEO for fiscal year 2018. The Shareholders also approved the principles and criteria for determining the remuneration of the Executive Officers for 2019.
Lastly, on the recommendation of the Appointments and Governance Committee, the Board, during its meeting held today, renewed members of its committees, the composition of which remains as follows:
- Audit and Accounts Committee: Ms. Siân Herbert-Jones (Chairwoman), Ms. Sin Leng Low, Mr. Thierry Peugeot, Mr. Brian Gilvary
- Appointments and Governance Committee: Mr. Jean-Paul Agon (Chairman), Ms. Annette Winkler, Ms. Karen Katen
- Remuneration Committee: Mr. Xavier Huillard (Chairman), Mr. Jean-Paul Agon, Ms. Annette Winkler
- Environment and Society Committee: Mr. Pierre Dufour (Chairman), Ms. Geneviève Berger, Mr. Philippe Dubrulle
The entire Shareholders’ Meeting can be viewed as a webcast on www.airliquide.com
Air Liquide share ownership (as at December 31, 2018)
- 32% of the capital held by individual shareholders
- 50% of the capital held by non-French institutional investors
- 18% of the capital held by French institutional investors